The Kingdom of Pandora Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot) Empty Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot)

Post by DragonRose35 Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:42 am

With everyone now moved into the dining hall, the king had everyone seated closely at one of the ends of the largest table in the room. Servents were inside the hall, taking care of making sure every bit of food was on the table and ready for their enjoyment. Even the head chef had come in, delivering the main course- a very large fire roasted bird of some kind- and placing it in the middle of the table, in front of everyone.

It all smelled heavenly. And it was obvious the king was pleased with the effort his staff put into this dinner.

"Thank you all, so very much for joining me for dinner tonight," he spoke up, seated at the head of the table- with the chair on his right empty and Rune seated beside that empty chair. "I hope you have begun to settle well in your new homes. As a welcome to this kingdom, I have asked my staff to prepare this meal for you all. Think of it as nothing more than the start of your new lives here." he said with a warm, kind smile.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

https://kopr.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot) Empty Re: Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot)

Post by TikPandora Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 am

This whole situation was...far from Rune's comfort Zone. Earlier he had been able to just disappear and blend in, but now everybody was sitting facing the table, which meant everyone was practically looking at eachother. He tried to be as nice and well-kept as could be, but it was apparent just how nervous he was to be in these sorts of situations. Of course this little quirk of his would change in the near future, but for now as a new resident of this kingdom the little demon was quite timid.

It was only when the king finished speaking that one of the guests held up his glass and proposed a toast. "To new lives and better futures!" He said haughtily, being a long time resident, and within moments the clinking sounds of glasses being hit together sounded through the hall.
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot) Empty Re: Of Roses and Moonflowers (One-Shot)

Post by DragonRose35 Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:05 am

The king was silent as he watched his guests, sipping lightly at a small glass of wine as his gaze roamed the table, before it fell on the demon, "Is something the matter?" he questioned, keeping his voice soft, knowing the fox-blood would be able to hear him. "You haven't made your plate since the toast." he added, expressing his concern.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:35 am

He didn't know what to say, and as the King spoke directly to him he seemed to almost freeze in place.  What could he say? "I-I...I seem to have forgotten with everything that is going on.  I'm not used to events such as this."  He stuttered out something that sounded at least to him like it was a cohesive thought, and he went with it.  With the king's eyes on him now, he made to make his plate as to not cause the kind ruler to worry.
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:43 am

The man was quiet for several moments as he watched the other, before he smiled, nodding his head and he addressed the others, "Excuse me a moment, please." he said, standing up from his seat, before turning back to the fox-blood. "May I show you something?" he questioned, holding out his hand to the other, for him to accept.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 am

This caused Rune to absolutely freeze, everyone's attention now on him as the King had turned to extend his hand. "Uh...u...uh...." He couldn't speak, but he nodded as he gently reached out to grab the hand that had been held out to him.

"W-what do you want to show me?"
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:21 am

"A new view on things," he said in answer, saying nothing more as he ignored the looks sent their way.

With the demon's hand in his, he led the other out of the dining hall and through a small connected room, before they finally came out to a rather large balcony, overlooking the kingdom itself- including the ocean that laid beyond the kingdom borders.

"I want you to take in a deep breath and look. And tell me what you see," he said softly, smiling as he looked at the fox-blood.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:25 am

Rune whimpered, confused as to what he was actually supposed to do. Of course, the king told him what he wanted...but was there something specific he was supposed to see?

He took in a deep breath, shaking slightly as his nerves fired up repeatedly. Part of this was the fact that he was now alone with the king, a very handsome and strong-statured man. Once he had let the breath escape, Rune couldn't exactly pinpoint what he was supposed to say he saw, so he went with honesty.

"I see your kingdom. The sun setting in the distance and lights being lit from within countless buildings..."
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 am

"No, little fox-blood. This is not just my kingdom. This is a realm of my making, yes, but this is your kingdom, just as much as mine. Every person that lives here... it is theirs just as much as it is mine. Do you understand?" Letting out a soft sigh, the king turned his attention to the kingdom. "When I look out beyond the palace walls... I see a beautiful flourishing and safe home for all of my subjects. A place they can call their own and live happily."
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:35 am

"You really, truly, are a selfless person." He said quietly, taking a step closer to the edge of the balcony overlooking the kingdom beyond. "I'm honestly not used to seeing this...such a thriving place. I've seen people living on the streets, doing horrible things just to get enough food to feed themselves...and sometimes even their children. I've seen so many things...and to see none of it here just truly baffles me. To think that a place like this exists..." He sighed, looking down for a second as he wrapped his gloved hands around the balcony railing.
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:41 am

"I would help every person in need, if I could," the king sighed, hanging his head. "My home realm was once a flourishing land like this and I enjoyed living there. I used my magic for good, to help those that needed it. But as centuries passed, and more people lived in the world, building it up- as it changed, so did they. They wanted my magic for different purposes... for things I had been uncomfortable with, so I was forced to leave. For years I wandered the realms, until I... and a few others... had found this land." he told the other, shaking his head. "I've seen many horrors in my lifetime and I've dedicated my life and my magic to make sure everyone that seeks a life here... does not have to go through what they did... what I had to go through... ever again. This... little fox-blood... includes you."
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:46 am

He sighed quietly, taking in the words of the king before letting them process for a few mere moments. "Rune...my name is Rune." He said, turning his head towards the other. "And, it is such a nice thing you are doing. So valiant and heartfelt. I only hope that someday I can have a heart as pure and giving as your own. To do this for people, some who may not even appreciate your efforts..."
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 am

The king smiled, his blue eyes warm as he looked at the other- at Rune, "Rune..." he repeated, humming softly. "You have a beautiful name," he said, chuckling quietly. "Know this, Rune, for you to say those words... it lets me know that you already have a heart as pure and kind... You just have to let it shine and find yourself. You have no reason to hide in your shell, not any longer."
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:53 am

"That's going to take a while..." He snickered, looking down at the floor below his feet as he simply tried to accept the compliments without getting too embarrassed. Still, it was nearly impossible for the fox-blood not to turn a bright shade of pink at hearing his name be called beautiful. "I can't possibly accept these compliments, as we barely have even had time to speak let alone come to such conclusions. But I must say, it does warm my heart slightly to hear that."
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 am

"Trust me," the king hummed softly, "I know kindness when I see it. When you've lived as long as I have, there isn't much in the world you haven't seen." Standing up straight, he smiled once more at the other demon, "Now, shall we return to dinner? The roasted Kokri is my head chef's specialty," he offered, his blue eyes sparkling now.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:03 am

And with this, the two returned back into the dining hall to feast merrily upon the delicious food that had been brought. Rune felt so much more comfortable now, able to have the heart to heart with the king like he did. Even though he still had no idea what the other's name was, he knew he would figure it out in time.

Now, there was only one more thing for the little fox-blood to do, and that was to figure out how to stop his heart from beating so fast. As the meal was nearly halfway over, Rune finally had to tap out as far as the food was concerned. He had eaten more than ever before, and there just wasn't anymore room.

"No more~!" He giggled, the never-ending refills of wine taking effect as he leaned back in the chair he had been seated in.
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 am

Seeing Rune relax and have fun, eating to his heart's content and being merry, it warmed the king's heart as he too enjoyed the meal with his guests. He was beyond pleased at the turnout and he knew, that with these new people in his kingdom, there would be no trouble.

As dinner wound down, the king stood up, calling attention from his guests, "Thank you, all of you. This dinner was not only a welcome to you, to this kingdom, but it was the start of a new beginning for you all. Now," he took in a deep breath, "I would like you all to go home... to your new homes and get some rest. Tomorrow is a brand new day for you all. For a new life."
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:19 am

As the king spoke, every eye in the room was turned to him. A silent 'thank you' for both the wonderful meal as well as the new lease on life they had gotten that day. As he finished speaking, the group quickly began to disperse, heeding the words of their new ruler as they did as they were asked. Going home, to their new residences, to get some much deserved sleep.

Rune was one of the last to remain in the room, a bit wobbly on his feet but eventually making it up onto them nevertheless. With a smile he turned to the king, his head cocked to the side as he regarded the other. "You...didn't tell me your name earlier...and I would love to be able to call you something other than king."
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 am

The king was a bit taken aback by this, speechless for a moment, before he let out a soft, kind, warm laugh and he shook his head, "I didn't, did I?" he hummed, smiling as he looked at the other. "Well, I suppose you deserve nothing less, hm? After all, I know your name, don't I?" Chuckling now, the king let his voice soften, "You may call me Mythril, dear Rune."
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 am

"Mythril~" He said the name, letting it hang on his lips for a moment before he gave the other a kind smile. "Thank you..." The fox-blood bowed slightly, and despite a small stumble he made it back up to a standing position just fine. "I look forward to talking with you more sometime. Say...uh...I didn't see or hear anything about a queen...." He wanted to ask, needed to ask...but hoped he wouldn't offend or bring up any nasty memories. "Is...there one?"
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:31 am

The king- Mythril's- expression softened and he shook his head, "No, there is not, and there hasn't ever been. But please don't let that worry you, Rune," he answered. "Go home, and get some rest, alright?"
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:33 am

"I...." He grabbed at the hem of his shirt, suddenly feeling a bit bashful due to what was on his mind. "I wanted to know if sometime you would like to have lunch with me. You uh...you know~ I want to get to know you a bit better." What in the hell are you asking, Rune? You're a guy for fuck's sake! He smiled, despite the warring voices in his head.
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 am

Surprised at this, Mythril's eyes widened a little, as he registered the other's question, "You wish to have lunch with me? Here or out in the city?" he questioned, quirking an eyebrow. He knew he had no reason to be suspicious of this man, though odd he certainly was- but that was an endearing quality if nothing else- so his reason for asking had nothing to do with caution. He was only just curious- after all, there weren't many throughout the centuries that have asked to have lunch with him personally.
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TikPandora Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 am

"Well, I guess where doesn't matter." It must have been the wine that was bringing so much ambition out of the fox-blood. It was so weird, hearing the words that came out of his mouth without even thinking about them first. "I just...really enjoyed our talk earlier...out on the balcony. Hearing about you and the kingdom...I-I...really would like to hear more sometime."
TikPandora
TikPandora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonRose35 Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:43 am

The king smiled, warm and soft, "I would love to have lunch with you, Rune." he told him in return, the words warming his heart. "You are welcome any time in the palace, but I'm afraid my schedule might be hectic at times. Though this is a peaceful realm, there are still little problems that come up," he said with a soft chuckle, in a way that was like 'what can you do?'
DragonRose35
DragonRose35
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next